中文 |  ENGLISH
New Panels of Arbitrators and Mediators of SHIAC Take Effect
Date:2021-07-31

Approved by the Second Session of the Fourth Committee of Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (Shanghai International Arbitration Center, hereinafter referred to as “SHIAC”), the new Panel of Arbitrators and Panel of Mediators take effect from August 1st, 2021 to April 30th, 2026.

 

SHIAC released a general announcement regarding the selection and appointment of the new panel of arbitrators and mediators on March 10th, 2021 and started receiving applications for domestic and foreign arbitrators and mediators. After the preliminary examination by the Fourth Selection and Disciplinary Committee of SHIAC, through comprehensive consideration of the professional expertise, social influence, professional background, the demand for various fields, professional ethics and other evaluating factors, and after reporting to the Fourth Committee for deliberation, SHIAC finally determined the new Panel of Arbitrators and Panel of Mediators.  

 

The new Panel of Arbitrators is constituted by 1115 arbitrators, among whom 829 are from China (including 75 from Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan region), and 286 are from foreign countries. Arbitrators from Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan region and foreign countries take 32.38% of the panel. All the arbitrators come from 80 countries and regions around the world, including 38 countries along the Belt and Road Initiative. Among all the arbitrators, 761 arbitrators which take 68.2% are male, while 354 which take the rest 31.8% are female.

 

After this new appointment, the number of arbitrators has a moderate increase and the composition of the new panel is more comprehensive, professional and diverse. The expertise of the arbitrators covers more widely than the previous panel, not only including international and domestic trade, finance, capital market, foreign investment, construction, shipping and logistics, but also including emerging industries such as e-commerce, scientific innovation, culture and entertainment, information technology, network information security, which reserve professional resources for dispute resolution in hot and cutting-edge fields such as digital trade, carbon emissions and e-sports live matches. The number also has increased in respect of nationalities of arbitrators, matching the continuous increase in users involved in arbitration and satisfying the need of application of foreign laws and international conventions.

 

The new Panel of Mediators is constituted by 29 mediators, including 27 Chinese mediators and 2 foreign mediators. The expertise of new mediators is more comprehensive and the age structure is more balanced. These new arbitrators will play an essential role in multiple disputes settlement mechanism of mediation procedure regulated by The China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone Arbitration Rules of SHIAC.

 

SHIAC will, as always, firmly grasp the major opportunities in the country’s further opening up and the new round of development, adhere to enhancing internationalization and professionalization, carry out excellent and efficient commercial arbitration services for users around the world under the guidance of law and a broad global view of the arbitrators and mediators, to make contribution to build Shanghai into a Global-oriented Arbitration Center in the Asia-Pacific region.




Panel of Arbitrators


Panel of Mediatorts


Site Map
Contact us
 7-8F, JINLING MANSION, 28 JINLING ROAD(W),SHANGHAI 200021, P.R.CHINA
 86-21-63875588      86-21-63877070
 info@shiac.org        200021

上海国际经济贸易仲裁委员会(上海国际仲裁中心)Copyright© 沪ICP备05015524号       版权声明 | 隐私声明