中文 |  ENGLISH
New Panel of Arbitrators and Panel of Mediators of SHIAC Take Effect

As approved by the second committee meeting of the third session of Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (Shanghai International Arbitration Center, hereinafter referred to as “SHIAC”), the new Panel of Arbitrators and Panel of Mediators take effect from May 1st, 2018. In accordance with the bylaw of SHIAC, the term for the two new panels is three years, from May 1st, 2018 to April 30th, 2021.

 

SHIAC released a general announcement regarding the selection and engagement of the new panel of arbitrators and mediators on February 27th, 2018 which clearly stated the scope of the selection and duration of the engagement, qualification and procedure of the selection and engagement, together with the time schedule. SHIAC received 1,470 domestic and foreign application and registration forms successively. After the preliminary examination by the Selection and Disciplinary Committee of SHIAC, through comprehensive consideration of the professional expertise, the need of case management and professional influence of the candidates, and after reporting to the third session of the Committee for deliberation, SHIAC finally determined the new Panel of Arbitrators and Panel of Mediators.  

 

The new Panel of Arbitrators is constituted by 965 arbitrators. In the Panel, 604 arbitrators which take 62.59% are from Mainland China, while 361 which take the rest 37.41% are from Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan region and foreign countries. All the arbitrators come from 74 countries and regions around the world, including 36 countries along the Belt and Road. The number of nationalities of the arbitrators has increased by 13 compared to the former Panel, including 10 new countries along the Belt and Road. The new Panel of Mediators is constituted by 42 mediators, including 40 China mainland mediators and 2 foreign mediators.

 

The expertise of arbitrators and mediators of the new panels covers more widely than the former one, including aviation and shipping, e-commerce, financial derivatives, Public-Private Partnership(PPP), IT, telecommunications and media, performance management, art and entertainment, cultural and sports, energy and environmental protection, resource development, medical and health, news and publishing, financial innovation and other new industries in addition to the traditional fields such as international trade, international investment, construction, finance, mergers and acquisitions. Besides, the new panels include more Yangtze River Delta arbitrators and mediators in particular, expanding the expert resources of countries along the Belt and Road, to provide more choices for the parties, and will be better adapted to the development trend of SHIAC’s international and professional arbitration practice.

 

SHIAC will, as always, carry out excellent and efficient commercial arbitration services for the dispute resolution at home and abroad, under the philosophy of independence, impartiality and professionalism.

Site Map
Contact us
Address: 7-8F, JINLING MANSION, 28 JINLING ROAD(W),SHANGHAI 200021, P.R.CHINA
Tel: 86-21-63875588     Fax: 86-21-63877070
Email: info@shiac.org   Zipcode: 200021
上海国际经济贸易仲裁委员会(上海国际仲裁中心)Copyright© 沪ICP备05015524号 
版权声明 | 隐私声明